Friday, March 6, 2009

All in a song....

Music can inspire you to do great things. It can challenge you to be the best that you can be. It can get your body moving even when you're feeling tired and lazy. It can lift your spirits when you're down and out.

It can nourish your soul. Fuel your mind. Speak your words. Express your deepest emotion. It crosses cultural barriers. Cries for peace. Screams for love. Believes there is hope.

It unifies. Clarifies. Sheds a light.

....all in a song.

Imagine what we could do with education if we would harness the power of music. Learn its secrets. Release its soul in our classrooms.

4 comments:

  1. Kasey - WOW! Your last post so eloquently expressed my feelings towards music and education as well!
    Imagine....what if music was allowed to be used during SAT/ACT testing by students. I wonder what sort of results would show up? Better? hmm:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed your posting. I remember once I asked my daughter's math teacher if she could listen to music on her MP3 player in class when they were taking a test because I thought it might help with her test anxiety. I was shot down without even a contemplation of the idea. Well, she failed Algebra and I taught it to her with a correspondence class and lots of music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK- so your post was to say the least awe inspiring! Like Mary and Caroline said, if only we could feel the same about music as education and let that passion drive us instead of government mandated tests or pressure to cover content in a narrow time slot. As I read your post, I kept looking to find who made the quote, as if you found it and were going to use it as your base for your post... But it was you! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I say but how proud I am if you

    ReplyDelete